Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

A Quick Coastal Vacation

I often say that I am one of those weirdos who is always overly excited to visit her in-laws, counting down the seconds till we get on that plane.  A large reason for this is that they are wonderful, kind and amazing people.  The other reason for this is where they reside, the delightful island of Jamestown, RI, which we were fortunate enough to sneak away to last weekend for a few days.

Growing up in suburban Chicago, my upbringing resembled an uneventful John Hughes movie.  I can't even imagine what a quaint New England childhood on the water would be like, however my time I spend in RI always gives me a fabulous sneak peak.

View of Narragansett Bay and the Newport Bridge

We rented a house on the bay and I took advantage of the views and the local beer for some relaxing our first night. To say it was a perfect way to unwind would be an understatement.


I think one of the greatest quotes to come out of (one of the greatest TV series) 30 Rock was when Liz Lemon said her "worldview was food based."  Truer words have never been spoken and I employ that motto in ALL of my travels (see below):

Stuffie and Chowder at The Landing in Newport

Lobsta Roll at The Landing in Newport

As always, a VERY successful trip.  If thinking about going to Jamestown, RI there are plenty of houses to rent on the island and a gorgeous hotel on the water to stay at.  The island really comes alive during the summer and prices tend to reflect that...

xo
T

No comments:

Post a Comment