Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

An Unusual Pizza Topping

Asparagus. Who knew?

A friend mentioned it to me in passing over the weekend.  He and his wife made a four cheese pizza and put uncooked asparagus on top before popping it into the oven. The result was apparently a yummy pizza with perfectly cooked asaparagus on top.

I couldn't get it out of my head and put in on the menu for this past week.  I didn't want to do four cheeses on it, so I searched around for some potential inspirations of other cheese combos.

Inspirations:
Bon Appetit's Asaparagus and Ricotta Flatbread
Smitten Kitchen's Shaved Asparagus Pizza
Epicurious' Goat Cheese and Asparagus Pizza





















In the end though, it was my food-genius sister who suggested making it how we typically eat our asparagus as a side dish.  Some parmesan, balsamic and lemon.

We used basic store bought pizza dough, about a cup of good shredded parm, shoved as many cut pieces of asparagus as possible on the dough and cooked according to the instructions on the dough package (around 10-15 min).

Yes the pizza is oddly shaped and yes the result of this one was also delicious.

xoxo
t

No comments:

Post a Comment